Friday, May 28, 2010

2 in 1 Day?!



I almost bit off more than I could chew planning two cakes for the same night. Fortunately, I bit and was able to not only chew but swallow. My son was born the day before my brother's birthday. So when we invited them for my son's bday party I thought I should make a small cake for him as well. Unfortunately I had picked a rather complicated cake for my son which left very little time for a second cake. But I was able to complete both of them by the morning of.

My son, like most 2 yr olds, loved Elmo. He is also OBSESSED with balloons. Even more than most 2 yr olds. So I decided to attempt my first sculpted cake. Whew, it was a lot of figuring out and work. Just like all my other firsts, I learned a lot and wished I could change a lot but I was happy it looked like Elmo. And what was his favorite part about the cake? It was the balloon Elmo was holding:)

For my brother I decided to make a suitcase since he had recently returned from Europe. I was not a real big fan of eating fondant so I decided to try a recipe I had found for marshmallow fondant. The texture was a bit different and not as easy to work with but the taste was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment